In this week’s episode I sit with Manaan Alexander, Operations Lead at CommandBar. We explore her nuanced career path, the importance of being a generalist and the discomfort of being over and underwhelmed.
- How applying to jobs was like applying to college. 17:00
- Working in the early stage space. 24:29
- The importance of being a generalist. 28:16
- How to sell yourself to people who don’t know you. 32:39
- The importance of trust and culture. 35:57
- The discomfort of over and underwhelmed. 49:20
Meet our guest
Manaan Alexander is an experienced operations and business generalist who thrives in complex industries, I bring my passion for learning to all aspects of my professional life. I have (almost) 10 years in Tech, across Seed through Public cos, mostly in the Seed to A stage. I love standing up new functions, going from 0-1, especially in areas that are often overlooked (customer operations, back office operations, etc). I have a BA and MA in Humanities/Liberal Arts (Philosophy focus) and an MBA.
- Sign up for the Monday Memo for tips and tools to support your ambitious career at www.justjaz.co/join
- Book a call here to find out how 1:1 coaching can support your goals, build your self-trust and give you clarity on your next steps to a career you truly desire.
- Join The Vault Community to build an ambitious career without burnout or boredom.